Reliable Campus Security
Our Campus Security makes important decisions when it comes to disciplinary action. If a student violates a school policy, it does not necessarily merit an arrest or extreme legal action. Instead, they may refer the student to the Dean of Students, who will decide on the appropriate measures to handle a situation whether that is suspension, a fine, or simply a referral to student health services. When handling a student case, our campus security view their role as offering guidance to help students to make the most of their time in college, instead of simply to enforce the law.
Duties Of Campus Security
The Campus Security from Secure Scoutintg Inc provides personal, equipment, and real property security for faculty, staff, students, and visitors within an assigned area of the University campus. Provides escort services, and other basic public assistance services as needed, and performs routine security and public safety patrol duties within the assigned area.
- Patrols assigned area on foot, in assigned motor vehicle, or other specialized vehicle to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Provides escort services for visitors, students, staff, and faculty, as necessary; provides other public assistance, such as lockout services, jump-starts, and routine information.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and/or detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Maintains security controls for issued University keys; safeguards and controls issued University equipment.